Happy New Year! With a new year, come new goals. Let’s make getting your business secure the plan for this year. Many of the businesses we work with think a data breach isn’t going to happen to them so they ignore cybersecurity. The reality is that hackers are growing their skills and learning how to reach networks. They don’t care how small or big your business is, they’re only after the information so they can hold it for ransom or sell it to the highest bidder.
Reasons to Get Cybersecurity
According to Forbes, cybercriminals can hack into 93% of businesses, costing $6.9 billion in 2021. Those numbers are growing so don’t let your business be part of the trend.
- Do Something. Businesses that keep the status quo when it comes to cybersecurity are at risk of data breaches. Instead of waiting until your information is hacked, hire IT Consultants who can check status and put systems in place to protect the security and integrity of business information before it’s too late.
- Yes, you need cybersecurity. Hackers are more adept at finding security breaches now more than ever. They don’t care how big or small the business is, they just want to grab the data. If you’re in the medical, legal, or financial industries, you’re governed by standards. A breach can cost you in IT Service fees as well as ransom payments, downtime, and fines. Get the right security in place to meet standards and decrease risk.
- Lack of Cybersecurity can cost your business. Paying ransom is sometimes the only option for businesses to get their data back from hackers which can cost $10,000 to millions of dollars. That’s a lot of money for a business and could potentially close down operations permanently, not to mention rebuilding their reputation like the banks and big box stores who have experienced cyberattacks.
- Speaking of financial institutions…. A data breach can cost in ransom, reputation, and fines for violating compliance regulations. It’s easier to hire an IT Consultant like Preactive IT to monitor networks, security, and data 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, that risk these fines.
- Update passwords on a regular basis. This sounds simple but it is effective. Make sure you have a system in place to change passwords on a regular basis. This will help protect your business along with other steps we can take with you.
The good news us that the team at Preactive IT is experienced in setting up cybersecurity for businesses of all sizes and industries. We look forward to talking to you!